Thankfulness scavenger hunt
Over the last few days, I have started to feel a little bit fed up because I haven't been able to do a lot of the things that I like to do normally, like go to the cinema to watch a film, go for really long walks near the sea or sing with my choir each week. Then I looked around my house and I thought 'I might not be able to do all the things I usually do, but there are a lot of things at home that I have been doing that I don't normally have time for, like starting to grow some vegetables, doing lots of baking, playing more games with my children, and trying to learn to play the keyboard.'
Then I thought there really are so many things at home for which I am thankful, and wouldn't it be fun to make a thankfulness scavenger hunt which I can share with you all. Have a look at the list below, and see how many things you can find in your house, and then you will see how much there is to be thankful for every day!
Can you find:
- Something that is made from your favourite colour?
- Something that you love to eat?
- Someone who gives you fantastic hugs?
- Your favourite story?
- Your favourite teddy bear or cuddly toy?
- Something that smells delicious?
- Someone you like to play with?
- Your favourite toy or game?
- Something that makes a lovely noise?
- Something special you have learned to do by yourself?
- A brilliant picture you have drawn?
- Someone you love?
- Your favourite place to play?
- A song you love to sing?
- A pet you love or a picture of your favourite animal?
- Your favourite flower?
- A fruit or vegetable that tastes delicious?
- Someone who makes you laugh?
- Something that feels soft and cuddly to touch?
Have lots of fun on your hunt and finding out how much we all have to be thankful for. When you have finished, you can then sing our song 'Count Your Blessings', the link for which is below.
We have moved the caterpillars to their hatching habitat today. We can't wait for them to turn into butterflies!