I have a challenge for you. When you go outside into your garden or your back yard, or when you go for a walk with your grown ups, stop for a minute and have a good listen to the sounds that you can hear around you.
- What can you hear?
- Tell your grown ups about the different sounds that you can hear
- What is making the sound?
- How do you think the sound is being made?
- Is it loud or is it quiet?
- Is it fast or is slow?
- Do you like it?
- Can you make a sound like it?
- Is the sound from something that is natural or man made?
- How does the sound make you feel?
If you listen carefully, you will also hear the birds singing. What time of day do they like to sing the most?
If you copy the link below, you will be able to watch a video of different garden birds and listen to the different songs they sing. Then perhaps you can see if you can see or hear any of the birds when you are out.
've put a link to a new song about hearing different birds sing. I hope you enjouy learning it!