Sing a Rainbow!
Sing a Rainbow
When I was out on a walk the other day, it had just been raining and the sun was beginning to come out. When I looked, I saw not one, but two rainbows in the sky.
Rainbows have always been a sign of hope that good things will be coming. This is shown in the story of Noah and the Ark, when God sent a rainbow to show Noah that He would look after the world for ever.
I thought it would be fun if we could make our own rainbows at home, so I have thought of a few ways you could do this.
- Make a rainbow out of different colour smoothies - what fruit would you need to make a red smoothie, an orange smoothie, a yellow smoothie, a green smoothie, and a blue or purple smoothie? Think about what fruits would make these colours, then put the smoothies in glasses in the correct order. Which one is your favourite? Don't forget to take a photo!
- Make a rainbow cake. make enough mixture to divide into 7 parts that you can colour using food colouring. Add each colour mixture to a cake tin in even layers, making sure you put them in in the correct order. Or you could bake each layer separately and then stick them together with a thin layer of jam. Enjoy your cake, and don't forget to take a photo!
- Make a rainbow collage, using different coloured materials or paper from around the house. How many different textures can you use? Don't forget to bring your rainbow to school or take a photo!
- Can you collect some different colour plants and flowers, and use these to make a rainbow? You can press the flowers first between the pages of a big book. Don't forget to take a photo!
- Can you dress in different colours so that you can become a walking rainbow?
If you can think of any other ways to make a rainbow, then let me know!
Have fun making rainbows over the weekend. To help you remember the colours of the rainbow, I have added the link to a new song 'Sing of a Rainbow' below.