SEND at Ribbleton Avenue Infants
At Ribbleton Avenue Infant School we passionately believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We feel that it is essential to build a strong partnership between school and parents where we work together to support all children to reach their full potential and achieve to the best of their ability.
At our school we aim to:
- Identify at the earliest opportunity pupils who need support.
- Ensure pupils are given appropriate support to ensure they can access the curriculum.
- Enable pupils to reach their full potential.
- To ensure that pupils are given every opportunity to be included in all activities.
- Monitor and support pupils and continue that support for as long as it is needed.
- Work in partnership with pupils, parents and other external agencies to provide for the pupil’s individual needs.
- To integrate all pupils to ensure they feel respected within the school environment.
How can I get help for my child?
If you are worried about your child’s progress then speak to your child’s class teacher in the first instance. They can offer initial support and advice. They will also pass on this information to the SENCO.
If you are still worried that your child is not making progress then you can make an appointment to speak to the SENCO directly. These appointments can be made by contacting the front office.
SEND Information Advice and Support Service
This dedicated information advice and support service is for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. The service is impartial, confidential, and free. It can help you to gather, understand and interpret information and apply it to your own situation.
SEND documents and policies
Keeping up to date in Lancashire
If you want to keep up to date with local events happening for children with SEND please follow the link below to the Local Authority Facebook Page
Re-development of the local offer
If you wish to share your views on the Local Authority Local Offer please follow the link below.