Special Educational Needs at RAIS
At Ribbleton Avenue Infant School, we passionately believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We feel that it is essential to build a strong partnership between school and parents where we work together to support all children to reach their full potential and achieve to the best of their ability.
At our school we aim to:
- Identify at the earliest opportunity pupils who need support.
- Ensure pupils are given appropriate support to ensure they can access the curriculum.
- Enable pupils to reach their full potential.
- To ensure that pupils are given every opportunity to be included in all activities.
- Monitor and support pupils and continue that support for as long as it is needed.
- Work in partnership with pupils, parents and other external agencies to provide for the pupil’s individual needs.
- To integrate all pupils to ensure they feel respected within the school environment.
How can I get help for my child?
If you are worried about your child’s progress, then speak to your child’s class teacher in the first instance. They can offer initial support and advice. They will also pass on this information to the SENDCo.
If you are still worried that your child is not making progress then you can make an appointment to speak to the SENDCo directly. These appointments can be made by contacting the front office.